Social Icons

Slider

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Confession.


I have a confession.

I rarely complain publicly, I promise not to make it a trend. But I must confess I have found the source of my frustration:

He has two teeth

Can’t be more than 3 feet tall

He can clearly say three words:: Dad, bellybutton, and poo poo (we prefer to think these words are all unrelated)

He’s decided that rearranging my pantry cans is more fun than toys

He climbs on furniture and gives me mini-heart attacks daily

And makes messes 3x his size




All of you out there with children can relate. Who knew adding another child to our family would be so HARD **cough,cough** I mean FUN! All of you who have it together please don’t stick your nose up at me, since I’m obviously not very talented in some areas…like singing songs that get my kids to take their medicine. I’ve never claimed to be the Marry Poppins type.
Nonetheless…

There are frequent moments of frustration.

Frequent moments when I’m faced with the decision of getting mad or laughing (and thus encouraging bad behavior) or worse yet, crying. 

I get mad sometimes.

I get overwhelmed.  Stressed out. 

I suddenly understand my parents better, and why it truly is necessary to have a secret chocolate stash.  A glass of wine, and quality alone time….

And so I head up the stairs to lay on my bed and pout a little, with chocolate in my pocket…. I never make it all the way- suddenly I am face to face with all the photographs mounted on my hall walls (why do I have to have 3 hallways just to get to my room?)



I see his beaming smile.

I see his gorgeous blue eyes.

I see how handsome he is, and how much he looks just like his daddy.

I see him hugging his sisters, and how much love is in our family.

I see the joy that he brings me

I see an image of myself pregnant – smiling and so anxious to meet him.

SO

I laugh

I pause

 I feel the way I felt in that moment

 And suddenly - the clouds part….  My heart smiles. I laugh out loud.  And head back downstairs to hug my angel.

I see a three foot wonder who only wants to explore.  Who sees me as his best friend.  Who teaches me to be happy with the little things, like cheerios and bubbles.

Photographs are powerful.

They have the power to alter your mood. They remind you how things are and WHO people are.

My frustration is also my inspiration. While I might not be the best blogger out there I still want to share my gift with you... I want to help you experience this same truth! I want to blog, I need you my blog world friends!

 I hope you will join me in 2013 while I shape my blog to reflect my world and photography! I’m bringing my photo tips back, and going to spend this year shaping my blog, posting everyday images, to give you a glimpse into my life! 

xoxoxo
Silver 

No comments:

Post a Comment