Social Icons

Slider

Friday, November 15, 2013

Feature Friday :: Bonnie Hussey

Today I am excited to begin Feature Friday! I will be featuring amazing Photographers right here on my blog for your viewing pleasure. The Photographers that are closest to my heart are fellow military wives, so I am happy to honor them on my little piece of internet space. SO lets begin!

I am thrilled to share with you the work of the talented Bonnie Hussey! She currently serves  JOINT BASE LEWIS MCHORD:: Olympia, Tacoma and south Seattle areas. You can learn more about her below or visit her at her website at www.BonieHusseyPhotography.com  Thank You Bonnie for sharing your work!






How would you describe your photography style? 

Documentary, raw, real




What do you love most about being a photographer?

I love that I get the chance to be apart of some pretty big moments in other people's lives. Documenting a birth is nothing short of incredible and for families, brand new parents, to trust me with that is just… it's huge, in my opinion.




What inspires you most?

My kids. They are the reasons I even picked my camera back up and pushed myself to be so much more. 




What are your joys and challenges of being a military spouse?


Joys: I've been able to see parts of this world that I would never have been able to see on my own. I gave up my career as a soldier to support my husband's and watching him grow within his career and do what he loves over the last eight years has brought me so much happiness. 

Challenges: He's gone a lot with his job. I think it's harder on the kids, him and myself with him in and out. We all have to get used to a different routine when he's gone and then there is the readjusting period when he comes home. 


Tell us about your life as a military wife::


Well, I've been married to my husband for almost seven years (together for eight) and I knew from the night we met that he was supposed to be who I spent my life with. I still believe that. We met at Fort Benning in 2006, married after less then a year of dating, and a few months later we PCSed to Germany for four years. I loved our time there - despite him being deployed for a year twice. So far, Germany is the only place we've been stationed at that felt like "home." There's a much different camaraderie between the spouses when you're stationed overseas. I met some of my closest friends while we were stationed there. Now we're stationed at Fort Lewis. We've been here for a little over two years and it's a nice place to be stationed. 

dfhjsd
 Image by Elena S Blair Photography

Meet the The Photographer:

 "I love life. I love being able to spend my days with my babies, hanging out with friends, and using my camera to record my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment